Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Housing Association
Contact Name: Barrie Wreford
Job Location: Essex
Job Title: Deputy Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £35000 - £42000 Per Annum
Support the Payroll team in delivering a comprehensive in-house payroll service for 3,300 employees over 5 payrolls. Overseeing the monthly payroll processes from start to finish to ensure the payroll is prepared, run and reconciled in an accurate and timely manner.
* Oversee and support start to finish payroll processing including starters, leavers, salary changes, bonuses, pensions, employees loans, flexible benefits, union fees, court orders and any other ad hoc adjustments.
* Support to the payroll team to deliver a responsive, approachable and high quality service.
* Operate payroll procedures to ensure compliance and best practice is being utilised.
* Checking of trial pay runs and exception reports, making amendments where necessary.
* Assist the Payroll Manager with the reconciliation of the monthly payroll cycle and the preparation of reports for Director sign off.
* Manage the payroll team in absence of the Payroll Manager.
* Take responsibility for ensuring that all payroll costs are accounted for and reconciled in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Provide accurate and timely management information on all aspects of payroll.
* Creation of reports using payroll software and Microsoft Excel.
* Produce and upload payment files for main auto enrolment pension scheme.
* Managing HMRC data flow through FBI facility.
* Manage the relationships with third party providers, ensuring accurate information is provided and payments are made in a timely manner.
* Providing cover for other team members where necessary.
* Keeping up to date with relevant legislation changes.
* Any ad hoc duties and responsibilities as requested by the Payroll Manager.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has worked in a senior role in an organisation of significant size. The role will be pivotal to the delivery of a payroll function which has just been amalgamated following the merger of two large organisations. This will also involve a lot of business partnering to support the various departments in the business.