Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Business Services
Contact Name: Barrie Wreford
Job Location: London
Job Title: EMEA Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £300 - £475 Per Day
Job Start Date:
My Client a Large Global Organisation, have a need to recruit a EMEA Payroll Manager on a 12 Month interim basis, you will be working on managing EMEA payroll across the business. Our client is looking for an experienced EMEA Payroll Manager to join them on 12 Months Temporary basis.
To manage the payroll service for the Europe region, with direct reports from several countries you will be responsible for a set of complex payroll countries, Germany, and Switzerland, and for Seqirus in Netherlands, Italy, and Spain.
* Implementation and following of the Global Payroll Processes
* Communicating with EMEA stakeholders
* Develop and document payroll processes for different countries and advising on improvements
* Supervision of remote team
* Effectively resolving escalations
* Manages the payroll process for supported countries from start to finish, ensuring timely and accurate processing, delivery, and reconciliation.
* Manages the team’s production of all monthly and special compensation payroll runs.
* Oversees and participates in pre- and post-payroll auditing procedures and troubleshoots anomalies.
* Manages the relationship with outsourced payroll platform providers and ensures excellent payroll service.
* Lead the Payroll team to drive cost reduction across the payroll platforms through adoption of efficient operational processing, application of standardized processes and delivery of a consistent service model.
* Deliver Payroll reporting metrics, meeting business and executive reporting requirements.
* Ensure delivery of statutory global compliance reporting, such as PAYE Payments, F24, Tax filing, pension, and garnishment requirements, SAO, PSA, P11ds, STBV, expat taxation and reporting
* Lead the relevant tax and regulatory reporting, quarter end and year end payroll activities, including wage and hour laws, unemployment, and all other required submissions. Plan and coordinate the production and distribution of all employee tax statements and notifications as required by local law.
* Manage and implement the Company compliance policies by containing risk in liaison with Finance, Compliance per region to ensure payroll embrace all relevant financial/employment and legal services, laws and codes with which the business must comply.
* Lead the taxation and statutory requirements for mobility, Expats and short-term business visitors.
* Lead internal and external audits within supported countries ensuring process improvements are introduced as necessary and in line with audit findings
* Develop and manage country risk control logs for each country’s end to end local payroll processes, with clearly defined control ownership, to drive & support adherence to internal compliance and external regulatory requirements
* Develop robust Business Continuity Plans
* Builds and maintains a strong high-performing team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, performance management and resource planning. Prepares and participates in the preparation of department objectives and staff development plans for each functional associate. Assesses the skills and skill levels necessary to achieve work objectives.
* Fosters and maintains positive relationships with the broader HR team and customer base. Works collaboratively across HR to ensure consistent application and interpretation of policies and strategy, and local employment law.
* This role is responsible for a team of 16 in total, with 5 direct reports. The team is based in the UK and Switzerland.
* Management of the EMEA Payroll Process and people
* Develop the relationship with third party vendors.
* The role with have limited budgetary responsibilities.
* Responsible for defining, measuring, and adhering to appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established under the service delivery model. Manages and designs solutions and programs to drive towards achieving established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* This role will exercise judgment over the design and execution of the existing EMEA Payroll model, while providing feedback to influence the development of larger Payroll policies and processes.
* The role will continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions in each country for legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices and impact of any new technology
* Ensure all International Payroll Policies are compliant and in line with HR Global Policies
* Identify and liaise with key areas of the business to review Budget and local legislation changes ensuring employment records are in line with changes
* HR, Global Mobility, Global Reward, Global Legal and Procurement, Global Tax and other regional payroll teams
* Finance and Internal Audit teams to ensure all financial controls and reporting are correct.
* HRSC Managers to ensure integration from an end-user service delivery model
* I&T and HR Technology to ensure payroll integration needs are being met from other systems (e.g. Workday)
* External Payroll Vendors
* The role will have decisional oversight of the EMEA Payroll Team, including the identification of gaps in existing processes and procedures and the development and implementation of solutions to mitigate those gaps, continuing to develop and strengthen these to adapt to the organization’s needs as it continues to evolve.
* This role will be required to continuously monitor and suggest improvements to payroll processes and systems, driving payroll vendors to deliver improvements in line with best practice.
* The role will be required to travel regularly between UK and Switzerland locations, there will also be a limited need to travel within other locations covered by the EMEA team
* Strong project management, stakeholder management and communication skills.
* Effective leadership and engagement.
* High level analytical and problem-solving capability.
* Strong process management and business process analysis competencies and demonstrated ability to support complex HR/Payroll models.
* The role will operate with high level of autonomy, engaging directly with key stakeholders and suppliers at a Regional and Country level.
* Fluent German speaker preferred.