Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Payroll Bureau
Contact Name: Stephen Warne
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £11 - £11 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are recruiting for a leading Accountancy firm in Manchester. This client is looking for an experienced and confident Payroll Officer to come and lead the team for a period of approximately 6-8 weeks.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager you will be tasked to accurately prepare clients monthly pay runs in a timely manner as well as deal with Payroll onboarding, whilst the business goes through a period of transition.
Monthly Payroll Preparation:
* Prepare variable and fixed payrolls
* Distribute payslips to employees
* Manage starters and leavers
* Calculate holiday pay, SMP and SSP
* Submit advanced SMP claims to HMRC
* Checked and implementing tax coding notices
* Payroll journal entries into the system
* Monthly Wages Payable, Pensions & PAYE reconciliations
* Deal with attachment of earnings orders
* Deal with salary sacrifice schemes from a payroll perspective (updating working papers where relevant)
* Process with childcare schemes and vouchers
* Check payments have been made to the HMRC.
* Managed any disputes of fines.
* HMRC authorisation for PAYE
* Onboard new payroll clients
* Offboard exiting payroll clients
* Setting up new payroll schemes – Register for PAYE
* Migrate clients from old software to Xero payroll
* Manage any disputed PAYE balances associated with payroll onboarding with HMRC.
* Monthly Pensions Submission:
* Submit auto enrolment contribution data to pension providers
* Add set up and management of auto enrolment schemes
* Liaised with pension providers and auto enrolment intermediary
* Deal with auto enrolment opt ins and opt outs
* Deal with re-enrolment – the payroll requirements and liaising with clients.
* Deal with pension queries
* Liaise with HMRC on specific enquiries including PAYE disputes
* Liaise with tax specialists for advice on any complex payroll requirements
* Progress Chasing Calls and Emails across all services in the business Success measures:
* Exceed customer satisfaction targets
* Structure own workflows and actively reviewing these to ensure productivity and service levels are achieved
* Engage with the client from the beginning of their relationship
* Feedback from Financial Controllers