Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Carla Hunt
Job Location: Hampshire
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £30000 - £30000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Our client is currently seeking a payroll administrator for a sole role within the education sector.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
* Sole responsibility for the operation of the College’s end-to-end payroll process.
* Ensure compliance with HMRC requirements on all tax, national insurance, pension contributions and RTI and Apprenticeship Levy and Auto-Enrolment and calculated properly and accurately on timely manners.
* Responsible for processing and analysing pension auto-enrolment, teachers’ pension and all other pension schemes.
* Process monthly pension payments to pension providers, submit schedules and liaise with pension providers for any queries or issues.
* Assist employees with their retirement application and pension withdrawal.
* Create and maintain the payroll guidelines, policies and procedures.
* Responsible for dealing with any benefits-in-kind queries in relation to issues within payrolling medical benefit, other P11d and PSA.
* Completion of monthly and year-end returns to the school’s pension providers.
* Calculate sick and maternity pay and administer the school’s absence records working alongside with the HR Officer.
* Work closely with the College’s HR Director regarding pay and hours, leavers and joiners, pay and conditions.
* Deal effectively and courteously with payroll and pension queries from other College employees.
* Running the payroll does not take up all the working hours of a full-time employee. It is estimated that the payroll function is likely to occupy 70% to 80% of a full-time employee. So the Payroll Administrator will be expected to carry out other accounting and bookkeeping functions.
* Numerate and financially literate, demonstrated by their experience in a payroll, accounting, banking or related discipline.
* Knowledge of pension processing.
* Several years’ experience in a busy and dynamic work environment.
* Positive, organised and can do attitude.
* Flexibility and willingness to muck in.
* Be able to demonstrate an ability to show initiative.
* Communicate effectively with all levels of staff within the organisation.
* Good knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Happy to develop and understand a data base system with a reporting function.
* Absolute discretion and confidentiality.
* Ability to be trained to take on the role
* Knowledge of Itrent desirable but not essential