Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Leicestershire
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £20000 - £25000 Per Annum
Providing a fully efficient service to all clients whilst adhering to payroll legislation. This role will involve managing a portfolio that is currently split between two other members of the team.
Develop Payroll Function:
* To assist the Partners in the functioning of payroll, providing a fully efficient payroll service to clients and all contacts.
* Assist in the onboarding of new clients and the general administration of the department.
* Process & production for a shared portfolio for 200 clients on weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls using the Sage 50 software.
* Process month-end for all payrolls and process year-end procedures via payroll software, individually for each client.
* Managing payments to employees and HMRC, ensuring funds are requested, payment files are uploaded and payments are authorised.
* Forward payrolls into the New Year.
* Upload RTI to HMRC on a monthly & weekly basis at the appropriate time, for all companies.
* Prepare pension files for those on board with auto-enrolment and send to Pension Provider or Client.
Administration and Communication:
* Respond to client queries via email and or by phone.
* Print P60’s at year-end and distribute securely to clients.
* Deal with queries from HMRC or the correspondence which generates a query regarding client Tax & NI.
* Provide advice to clients regarding Tax & NI issues and payroll-related queries.
* Liaise with the Team Internally regarding client queries. Liaise with pension providers where necessary, HMRC, DWP.
* Remain conversant with payroll legislation and changes.