Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Lois Holness
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Advisor
Job Salary: £14 - £17.90 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Fantastic Opportunity for a Payroll Advisor to join an Education Client in Central London within the Payroll team.
* Staff (leavers or not) overpayments investigation and calculations
* Recovery of salary overpayments. Chase individuals, liaise with queries and escalations as required
* To make accurate and timely salary payments to employees.
* To provide guidance, advice, and information to employees and managers on pay and reward related benefits, related policies, and pay, income tax and social security legislation.
* To work with the other Payroll Service colleagues and in conjunction with the PS to monitor task flow systems which ensures work is allocated, prioritised and completed, within published service standards and/or process deadlines.
* This is a specification of the qualifications, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities that are required to effectively carry out the responsibilities of the post (as outlined in the job description) and forms the basis for selecting a candidate.
* A comprehensive knowledge of PAYE and Payroll Procedures including processing statutory payments and manual calculations.
* Relevant experience of working within a payroll administration team processing a payroll and providing teamwork and support in order to ensure all relevant actions have been undertaken by relevant deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service coupled with the need to provide an efficient, effective and professional service to staff at all levels of the University as well as externally with the HMRC and other parties as required.
* High level of numeracy skills with the ability to undertake manual and often complex calculations, supported by the use of spreadsheets.
* Comprehensive organisational skills to enable the post-holder to work in a methodical and proactive manner to prioritise work, ensure deadlines are met and enable key performance indicators and service standards to be achieved.
* Excellent communication skills, both written & oral, with the ability to explain complex arrangements regarding Tax, NI and pensions as well as the ability to draft written communications in a clear, concise and logical format.
* Proven experience of using an integrated HR/Payroll database is essential whilst knowledge and experience using Oracle HR would be desirable. Computer literate and competent user of the Microsoft suite of software (Word, Outlook and Excel). Ability to use the Internet and interactive websites such as HMRC calculators/Tools.
* Capable of processing large volumes of data whilst maintaining consistently high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team and using own initiative, as well as the ability to follow set procedures and instructions.
* Desirable for the Post holder to have already obtained or to be currently undertaking a Payroll Qualification (CIPP or AAT) and have obtained at least C grade in Math’s and English GCSE or equivalent.
* Proven experience of working in a large organisation or within the higher education sector would also be beneficial although not essential.
* Clear commitment to high standards of customer care and to equality of opportunity and an understanding of the ways in which those principles can be implemented in the post holder’s work.