Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Travel
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Buckinghamshire
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Job Salary: £25000 - £28500 Per Annum
This established organisation are looking for a Payroll Assistant to be an added support to the current team – working on a detailed and fluctuating payroll so an eye for detail and anomalies is key.
What you will be doing:
* Process company’s payroll on a 4 weekly basis
* Maintain payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data.
* Identify, investigate, and resolve discrepancies in payroll records.
* Complete payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or review.
* Determine organisation’s tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions.
* Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding. Prepare manual checks for distribution to employees.
* Manage compensation packages using payroll software.
* Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
* Manage and calculate taxes and deductions
* Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
* Deal with complex customer queries regarding payroll.
What we’re looking for:
* Be proficient in all Microsoft Office products with a strong proficiency in excel.
* Experience in running in house and outsourced payroll
* Excellent warm personable manner
* Meticulous attention to detail