Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Peter Bryant
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Manager - 12 Month FTC
Job Salary: £40000 - £45000 Per Annum
At Portfolio Payroll we have exclusively partnered with a leading education provider in the city, who are looking to hire an experienced Payroll Manager into an initial 12 month FTC.
The role itself is initially based as an FTC, due in part to the changing landscape of the organisation I am working with. The department is going through somewhat of a transformation at present, with a new Payroll software being implemented, and a focus on improving processes and overall ways of working, so as the landscape changes, hires are coming in as FTC’s, with other senior hires coming in on fixed term basis, but there is an expectation that this will go perm in 12 months.
The main remit of the position is to manage the existing team, leading them through the transformation and ensuring that the business narrative of improving efficiency and output is maintained, and instilled in the team. A sample of other duties for the post include…
* Responsible for the day to day running of the payroll production team within Payroll Services.
* Ensure delivery of an efficient, effective, timely, responsive and accurate payroll service to the departments, employees and third party bodies, ensuring the balancing of the payroll and adherence to UK and overseas legislation relating to tax and social security.
* Provide leadership, direction and effective day to day management of the Payroll production team in Payroll Services ensuring accurate and timely payments are made to all staff.
* Responsible for checking and validating the accuracy and completion of each months pay run, signing off the gross to net payroll, all submissions to statutory bodies, end of year runs, downloads from HMRC, costings load into General ledger, payslip and P60 printing and distribution, and management of the payroll cheques.
* Manage and motivate all direct reports within the Payroll team to enable the achievement of organisational, business, personal development and performance targets, ensuring appraisals are completed in a timely manner and training programmes implemented to enable succession planning
This position is an excellent opportunity to establish yourself as a key part of a high volume and complex Payroll within one of the leading education providers in the country, and should you feel that you have the strong prior supervisory and leadership skills needed for this post, and would like to learn more about this, then please feel free to submit your CV right away!