Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Payroll Bureau
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £31000 - £35000 Per Annum
My client is new government function looking for a payroll and pensions manager on a permenant basis. Based in a lively team you will be working on a high volume payroll with emphasis on government pensions.
Reporting directly to Head of payroll, you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of monthly payroll and pensions, the team and the continuous improvement of the payroll function.
* Oversee a team of 4 with payroll and pension processing – 6000 on payroll split over the team
* Manage services for external payroll clients
* Being the key relationship manager and ensuring service level agreements are maintained
* Development of service, continuous improvement and implementing change
* Sharing knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation and have good working knowledge of public sector payroll and pension operations.
* Preperation for audits
* Reporting including MI
* Understanding of HR Process’s
* Responsibility for the delivery of Pension Seminars, New Recruits Courses, Retirement Courses and Roadshows when required.
* Previous experience in a team leader or management position
* Need to be up to date on public sector legislation and pension’s knowledge.
* Strong team player
* No nonsense attitude to work
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Good systems skills including MS Excel, Sage
* ITRENT systems usage advantageous not essential
* CIPP advantageous
* Full time 36.25 hours with flexibility
* Excellent holidays
* Government pension