Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Merseyside
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £27000 - £30000 Per Annum
My client is a well-known Accountancy practice in Liverpool. Based in a small but lively team you will be working on a portfolio of clients. Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Supervisor/Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to the Practice manager you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly and monthly payroll.
* Supervising small team.
* Full end to end payroll for clients.
* Liaising with the firm’s clients.
* Setting up new starts and processing leavers.
* Handling all pay queries.
* Inputting working hours and deductions to the system.
* Lead and develop the team, carrying out staff appraisals and dealing with performance issues.
* Training staff.
* Identify and lead improvements/efficiencies in processing, submitting suitable recommendations and implementing them with the support of the payroll administrators.
* Business development and bringing In new clients.
* Responsible for the day to day supervision of a team.
* Using Brightpay.
* Payroll Supervisory or Management experience.
* Previous experience processing client payroll at a high volume ideally working within a bureau environment.
* Need to be up to date on legislation and pension knowledge preferable.
* Able to advise on systems and process improvement.
* Implementation experience is advantageous.
* Strong team player
* No-nonsense attitude to work
* Good knowledge of payroll legislation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Good systems skills including MS Excel, Brightpay
* CIPP advantageous
* Full time 9-5.
* Lively working environment.
* Monday to Friday – Office based but will open up to hybrid once settled in.
* 20 days plus bank.
* Pay review each year.