Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: West-yorkshire
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £30000 - £35000 Per Annum
My client is an Accountancy practice North of Bradford, Yorkshire. Responsible for a high-volume client payroll you will act as a senior team member. You will be working on a portfolio of clients doing end-to-end payroll. Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting directly to Practice manager you will be responsible for the timely and accurate processing of weekly and monthly payroll.
* Clients – Director – 100+
* Weekly and Monthly payroll
* Full end-to-end payroll for clients
* Calculating accurate wages, including bonuses, salary increases and overtime
* Calculating tax, national insurance deductions and pension contributions
* Calculating statutory payments, such as SMP, SSP, SPP etc.
* Issuing of relevant tax forms
* Process new documentation for starters and leavers
* Handle and respond to discrepancies and queries relating to payroll
* Payroll experience.
* Previous experience processing client payroll at a high volume ideally working within a bureau environment.
* Need to be up to date on legislation and pension knowledge preferable.
* No nonsense attitude to work
* Good knowledge of payroll legislation
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Good systems skills including MS Excel
* CIPP advantageous
* Implementation advantageous
* 24 days paid holidays per year, plus banks
* Training support and development opportunities
* Company events
* Working as part of a friendly, supportive team
* The opportunity for progression