Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Megan Fox
Job Location: Oxfordshire
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £27,344 - £30,151 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We are pleased to be partnered with a leading Education Trust who are seeking an experienced Payroller to enter the team in support across the next 12-months covering a Maternity Cover.
Reporting into the Payroll Manager, this role will be responsible for providing support and guidance to all schools across the Trust, assisting with the outsourced Payroll. Sitting within a larger Finance department you will ensure accuracy against high-volume processes whilst being involved with all queries and support across the different sites.
12-month minimum MATERNITY COVER vacancy – offering flexible hybrid working; 1 day per week in the Oxfordshire offices.
Hours; 37hrs (core hours between 8am-4pm).
* Acting as a first point of contact to all schools for payroll queries within the Trust, providing advice, support and guidance to line managers and staff on payroll procedures.
* To work as an expert on using the payroll system, supporting schools, answering queries and ensuring accuracy of inputting at school level.
* Liaising with school-based colleagues over the completion of relevant documentation, changes in payroll and inputting of claims for lunch duty, overtime, expenses.
* To support with payroll calculations such as calculating salaries.
* Assist the Payroll Manager with the administration of the Trusts childcare voucher processes and other salary sacrifice scheme such as the cycle to work scheme.
* To assist the Payroll Manager with the monthly administration tasks involved with the Teachers Pension and Local Government Pension schemes.
* To assist Payroll Manager in regular salary reviews and carry out general housekeeping checks on a monthly basis – Starters, leavers and contractual changes)
* Maintain employment records, ensuring compliance with Data Protection Act / GDPR.
* Payroll background, understanding a start to finish process.
* Strong Payroll legislation knowledge.
* Ability to complete manual calculations.
* Strong Excel user!!
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Comfortable in a busy, fast-paced environment.
Benefits for you!..
* 36 days holiday! Including bank holidays.
* Government Pension Enrolment.
* Cycle to Work
* Flexi time
Please apply if you are interested and available within a months’ notice!