Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Mollie Anker
Job Location: Bristol
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £13 - £17 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
My client are looking to recruit a Payroll Officer on a 6 month temporary basis.
In order to be considered for this role you MUST have significant payroll/pensions experience and have the right to work in the UK or have lived in the UK for at least 3 years. In reward for your skills you will join an established team with a wealth of knowledge within a fantastic company that is highly regarded in the area. If you are looking for work and have the payroll skills detailed above then then we want to hear from you!
* Prioritise and authorise processing of documentation and amendment of records relating to the application of terms and conditions for delivery area. Checking, monitoring and actioning reports from the system. Directly accountable for processing information onto the system and ensuring that necessary actions are taken.
* Identify and investigate any anomalies and ensure queries are promptly resolved. Provide service in accordance with agreed working practices.
* Ensure all transactions are processed/follow up actions carried out in accordance with relevant timescales. Ensure procedures are correctly followed. Check, authorise and correct (including feedback the work of the team. Check exception reports after pay run.
* Produce and collate regular and ad hoc reports as required to assist in measuring performance. Respond to a wide range of routine enquiries about employees’ pay and conditions of service from staff, pensioners, managers and external agencies.
* Support Team leader to advise and support managers by providing calculation of sick pay entitlements. Interpret statutory maternity/paternity/adoption regulations for staff, referring complex cases to Team Leaders for advice. Calculate entitlements and provide advice as necessary. Prepare any related payments.
* Calculate redundancy payments, provide pensionable pay figures and verify superannuation records.
* Undertake administrative work in relation to relevant pension schemes. Provide advice to relevant individuals in relation to employees who die in service. Liaise with relevant pension providers regarding entitlements.
* Prepare emergency payments, advances and amendment to the system as appropriate. Undertake manual calculation of tax, NI, etc. Prepare salary invoices for overpayments and all related payroll adjustments and correspondence.
* Undertake project work as requested by Team Leader
In reward for your skills you will join an established team with a wealth of knowledge within a fantastic company that is highly regarded in the area. If you are looking for work and have the payroll skills detailed above then then we want to hear from you!