Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Payroll Bureau
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £22000 - £23000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are currently working with a growing construction firm in the Manchester area who are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in an expanding, friendly team.
* Payroll Officer to provide a comprehensive and accurate payroll service across the business.
* Excellent Service delivery
* To provide comprehensive advice to employees in relation to payroll queries
* Support the processing and running of the end to end fortnightly payroll
* Support the busy payroll department high volume starters and leavers
* Ensuring all necessary payments are made within the deadlines set, for example Pension Contributions and BACS Salary Payments
* Manual calculations
* Reconciliation of weekly timesheets along with the input of overtime and bonus payments.
* Ensuring current payroll legislation knowledge is up to date and in line with HMRC, with procedures updated accordingly.
* To support the Payroll Manager
Desirable skills and attributes:
* Previous payroll experience in a fast paced and high volume environment
* A keen eye for detail
* Enjoy working within a team
* Strong basic maths skills
* Confident on the phone
* Excellent communicator as you will be answering queries
* Confident with Excel
* Use of CIS an advantage
This is a business with excellent benefits including a bonus scheme, employee of the month award and competitive holidays and rewards packages.