Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Fiona O'Neill
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £35000 - £40000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is looking for a payroll officer to work within their international law firm on a full-time hybrid basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for work for a Leading law firm and support on international payrolls.
* Preparing, inputting and processing accurate data, including starters, leavers, employee changes.
* Processing statutory payments and deductions.
* Ensuring correct levels of authority have been obtained prior to salary and benefits amendments.
* Providing third-party payroll providers with relevant payroll information for non-UK payroll.
* Responsible for the reconciliation of each payroll prior to BACS payments being authorised.
* Responsible for the monthly uploads of pension data to the provider.
* Liaising with benefit providers as required – Childcare Vouchers/Cycle to Work.
* Responsible for the accurate and timely posting of monthly journals into the financial systems.
* Responsible for assisting to ensure that monthly statutory payments are accurate and paid within HMRC deadlines. Ensuring compliance with Real Time regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for assisting in the monthly reconciliation of the following general ledger accounts: payroll control accounts, season ticket loans, staff loans and trainee loans.
* Assisting with all year-end processes to include P11D production using in-house P11D software.
* Liaising with HR on all payroll-related queries, providing reports when required.
* Ensuring employees are informed of monthly cut-off dates and any other necessary and relevant payroll information.
* Minimum of 2 -4 years experience in a payroll environment, preferably Financial Services.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
* To be able to demonstrate the application of best practice.
* To be able to demonstrate experience in building successful relationships.
* Intermediate Excel skills.
* Very good working use of Microsoft office.
* Ability to advise the business on and ensuring compliance with HMRC and GAAP.
Fantastic benefits, pensions and discounts!