Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Recruitment
Contact Name: Lois Holness
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £13 - £15 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
* The post holder must ensure that the service meets quality outputs, i.e. deadlines and that outputs are accurate and in accordance with policy requirements and relevant KPI’s and service level agreements.
* The post holder will deliver a high quality, customer focused, effective and efficient payroll and pension service.
* To ensure the provision of an effective and efficient payroll service to all employees who are employed under a range of terms and conditions and different pension arrangements.
* Maintenance and assurance of payroll ensuring that the information input on the system is accurately maintained and the information held on all parts of the system is adjusted accordingly in order for the system to report correctly on various manpower and other reports and statistics.
* Ensuring that the appropriate payroll and pension forms and authorised paperwork are completed processed and input on time in order for the system to make accurate monthly payroll and pension payments
* Processing late paperwork or when notified of unauthorised absences in a timely manner with a view to avoid overpayments.
* Responsible for checking and authorising payments for new starters, payments. In exceptional circumstances, arranging special ad hoc payments or in certain cases stopping payment.
* To provide support and deal with queries. To be aware of confidential and sensitive issues as they arise and handle them in the correct and appropriate manner.
* Validate and process temporary payment transactions i.e. under or overpayments, payment of annual leave, redundancy payments.
* Responsible for collation and analysing of information with regards to salaries, personal details and correctly interpreting the data, calculating and inputting into ESR system in respect of starters, leavers and re-grading, amendments and redundancy payments.
* Work closely with HR Recruitment Officers to ensure that new starter forms, change forms are input accurately and leavers are processed in a timely manner
* Support training of payroll officers to ensure work is performed in accordance with changes in organisation and legislative requirements, and follows best practice.
* Communicate sensitive information effectively to all levels of staff and management i.e. particularly in relation to over and under payments.
* Investigate and give advice on payroll queries. Complete work in accordance with published payroll and pension statutory requirements and deadlines.
* Promote and ensure customer confidentiality.
* Responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the ESR payroll system
* Provide advice to managers and staff on payroll.
* To ensure that an adequate audit trail is maintained for all transactions to demonstrate all changes have been appropriately authorised and processed.
* To ensure that workload is performed in accordance with the payroll and pension policies and procedures without direct supervision.
* To ensure that all contractual changes are input into the payroll system correctly, and validate the output against authorised requests.
* To investigate, analyze and resolve payroll queries and discrepancies e.g. in resolution of the appropriateness of DOH and locally agreed entitlements in accordance with the terms and conditions of service.
* To ensure the integrity of the data input into the payroll system.
* To undertake the calculation of a variety of payments (e.g. redundancy, protection of earnings entitlements).
* To provide advice on ESR to both staff and managers on payroll processes.
* To be aware of the organisation policy and relevant legislation (principally the Data Protection Act) with regard to customer confidentiality and to communicate appropriately.
* To manage day to day changes in personal work load and resources to ensure work is completed in accordance with weekly and monthly payroll/pension timetables.
Those who have worked in NHS or Councils or Public Sector will be advantageous and knowledge of NHS Pensions Scheme Regulations or Civil Service Pension Scheme Regulations.