Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Fiona O'Neill
Job Location: Kent
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £25000 - £28000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is looking for a payroll officer to join their team on a part time basis with. The payroll officer will be responsible for the outsourced payroll function, within the Education sector on a permanent basis,
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring data on the payroll portal accurately reflects joiners, leavers, regular and variable pay adjustment, pay claims, timesheets, loans, rent deductions etc.
* Managing the relationship with our external payroll outsourcing partner.
* Ensuring compliance with all payroll-related statutory requirements and timely reporting as required by authorities such as HMRC and our pensions providers.
* Being the first point of contact for payroll calculations
* Assisting both teaching and support staff with pensions administration and queries and administering the auto-enrolment process.
* Managing the interface between the payroll system.
* Collaborating with the Finance team on the financial control and reconciliations of payrollrelated control accounts.
* Collaborating with the Finance and HR teams on the calculation of pay awards and taxable benefits, including reporting to HMRC and advising staff on the implications of receiving taxable benefits.
* Raising monthly invoices and transfer documents for rechargeable salary costs.
* Be an experienced payroll professional with the expertise and experience to be able to deliver an effective, accurate and timely payroll consistently each month.
* Excellent up-to-date knowledge of payroll legislation.
* Full understanding of employee confidentiality and data protection with the appropriate handling of sensitive information.
* Possess strong IT skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Office packages, particularly proficiency in Excel with the ability to confidently manipulate and present data for different audiences
Fantastic benefits, pensions and discounts!