Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Lois Holness
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £14 - £16 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll have the pleasure of working alongside a well-established and excellent education client for a Payroll Officer , who has good experience end to end payroll experience .
The role is full-time, hybrid (minimum 1 days in the office/ 4 days home), initially a temp contract that can be made permanent for the right candidate
* Processing new starter/ leaver forms and employee change forms (e.g. variations) onto the payroll system (Oracle), ensure that the records are complete and accurate and where necessary liaise with HR to request correct information
* Ensure appropriate authorisation(s) exist on all payroll documentation raising queries where necessary in order for a clear audit trail to be maintained
* Prepare and upload monthly data including P45s
* Run regular payroll reports to support the month and year end financial reporting cycle
* Perform the technical side of the Payroll transmission in absence of the Payroll Manager.
* Answer complex payroll related queries.
* Produce payroll reports.
* Work and liaise with other departments across the company.
* Highlight continuous improvements to HR and Payroll processes.
* Manual calculations
* Upload EPP spreadsheets in accordance with the payroll timetable, checking timesheets to ensure that details are complete, accurate and authorised, flagging and resolving queries with HR and departmental administrators and making corrections as necessary
* Run regular reports to validate all new ‘on-line’ assignments to ensure details are complete and accurate
* Entering employee pension, tax code and bank details onto the payroll system
* Ensuring employee pension elements are set up correctly on the payroll system and the audit trail is supported with ‘opt out’ and TR6 starter documentation for Teachers’ Pensions, LGPS and Scottish Widows Pensions
* Analysis of payroll system reports to ensure that all timesheets have been processed correctly
If you like the sound of this role and believe you would be good for it – or if you are looking for a different payroll opportunity – please contact me as soon as possible on 02072472882 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org