Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Recruitment
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll & Pensions Manager
Job Salary: £48000 - £55000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
£48,000 – £53,000 per annum
My client is government function looking for a payroll and pensions manager on a permanent basis. Overseeing an experienced and friendly lively team you will be working on a man management and strategic basis overseeing high volume payroll with emphasis on government pensions.
Working as both the Payroll and Pensions Manager and as Part of the wider management team, you will be responsible for supporting the development of the shared service centre. You will be focussed on continuous improvement as well as lead and advise on payroll and pensions to a number of different organisations and management of the team.
Please refer to the essential requirements as only candidates who meet the criteria will be interviewed.
* Oversee develop the Payroll & Pension Team – 12 payrolls totalling 20,000 split over the team
* Operate at a strategic level to deliver a efficient payroll and pension service
* Manage services for external payroll clients
* Being the key relationship manager and ensuring service level agreements are maintained
* Development of service, continuous improvement and implementing change
* Sharing knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation and have good working knowledge of public sector payroll and pension operations.
* To deliver mentoring, training and skills transfer to the organisation
* Leading on the production of procedures and documentation relating to payroll and pensions operation and provide advice or intervention where required.
* Understanding of HR Process’s
* Lead on innovative ways of working, technology and transformation
* Support the initiation of new business opportunities and the development of contracts
* Responsible for accurate accounting and control requirements in
* Planning and implementing efficient, day-to-day operational activities
* Planning of resources and activities in relation to annual plans and targets.
* Develop productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas.
* Previous experience of leading and co-ordinating a large team
* Need to be up to date on public sector legislation and pension’s knowledge.
* A record of success in transformation
* CIPP qualified or equivalent
* Results driven and ability to handle pressure
* Ability to maximise resources and manage budgets
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Proven evidence of coaching team as well as development of self and others,
* Understanding of shared service environment and knowledge of national legislation and procedures in relation to an HR and Payroll Shared Service.
* A record of success in promoting diversity and creating equality in service delivery and employment.
* Training and development
* ITRENT systems usage advantageous not essential
* Health and Safety