Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Payroll Bureau
Contact Name: Fiona O'Neill
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the well-established payroll team on a Remote working basis. Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to support the payroll team on a permanent basis
About the role
Your core responsibilities will be to aid with the design and implementation of a control and compliance audit framework for the payroll service, help with the resolution of current/ legacy client technical queries and review and sign-off of on-ongoing periodical payrolls.
What you’ll be doing:
* Work in conjunction with the Head of Payroll, to design & implement a controls/ compliance framework for use by the payroll operations team for the client payrolls.
* Work in conjunction with the operations manager, on the rollout and integration of the design, as part of BAU.
* Conduct regular audits, to ensure the design is working as predicated in practise and make tweaks as necessary
* Engage with the software development team, to investigate automated opportunities that can aid the controls process
* Assist with any delegated responsibilities issued by the Head of Payroll, to attain globally recognised service organisation control reports i.e., ISAE3402
* Any other reasonable audit duties as delegated by the Head of Payroll
What we’re looking for:
* A minimum of 5 years end to end payroll experience with strong technical competence.
* You must be proficient with Microsoft Excel/ PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products.
* You should be highly organised with the ability to work efficiently, with a high degree of accuracy.
* Previous experience of using more advanced payroll software i.e., Oracle, SAP would be helpful, but is not essential.
* Previous experience working as part of a project is desired, but not essential.
* You must be a strong written and verbal communicator.
* Previous experience working on or maintaining payroll controls (SOX standard) desirable.
Fantastic pension and benefits