Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Jade Brazendale
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £34,000 - £37,300 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is government function looking for a Payroll Specialist on a permanent basis. Working in a friendly and lively team you will be working on a high volume payroll with emphasis on government pensions.
Please refer to the essential requirements as only candidates who meet the criteria will be interviewed.
* End to end payroll as part of a team doing 10 payrolls totalling 20,000 split over the team
* Manage services for external payroll clients
* Development of service, continuous improvement and implementing change
* Sharing knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation and have good working knowledge of public sector payroll and pension operations.
* Production of procedures and documentation relating to payroll and pensions
* Understanding of HR Process’s
* Be open to innovative ways of working, technology and transformation
* Support the initiation of new business opportunities and the development of contracts
* Responsible for accurate accounting and control requirements
* Planning and implementing efficient, day-to-day operational activities
* Develop productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas.
* Previous experience of Payroll
* Need to be up to date on legislation and pension’s knowledge.
* Results driven and ability to handle pressure
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Understanding of shared service environment and knowledge of national legislation and procedures in relation to an HR and Payroll Shared Service.
* ITRENT systems usage advantageous not essential
* Health and Safety
* CIPP qualified or equivalent
If this opportunity sounds right for you, or you are interested in discussing the other opportunities we currently have, apply today, or contact us directly on 0161 523 5585 and ask for Jade.