Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Fiona O'Neill
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £35000 - £45000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We are working for a leading organisation who are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis.
As a payroll specialist, you will provide specialist administrative support to expedite the onboarding of new payroll customers. Using system generated reports you will analyse data, identify required changes, and process payroll data.
* Ensure all Monthly payroll changes are integrated.
* Calculating new joiner, leaver, Family leave and absences for payroll purposes
* Primary point of contact for all employee payroll queries
* Year-end processing.
* Primary point of contact for our outside payroll provider, escalating any service issues and queries
* Assist with employee payroll and tax queries, liaising with HMRC where appropriate.
* Coordinate month end payroll approval with HR Manager and Senior HR Generalist
* Produce various monthly payroll reports ensuring accurate reconciliations and handle any queries.
* Ensure that payroll systems, reports and process are fully compliant in line with any legislation changes.
* Responsible for auto enrolment eligibility checks and processing
* Managing firms HMRC gateway access and notifications.
* Go-to person for all HR reports including headcount, diversity, turnover, payroll, pension, and all other ad-hoc reporting.
* Annual gender pays gap analysis
* Maintaining firm’s benefits membership information including compiling and updating benefit spreadsheets and processing benefit invoices.
* Updating the Firm’s intranet with HR links, updates, information
* Attorney and Professional Staff holiday calculations and reporting
* Manages Firm resources responsibly.
* Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies, and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Experience of calculating and processing statutory payments
* Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrates close attention to detail
* Knowledge of HMRC legislation including RTI, auto enrolment, P11D submissions
* Demonstrates high level analytical skills
* Ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
* Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to organize and prioritize work
* Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Works well under pressure and uses sound judgment.