Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Northamptonshire
Job Title: Payroll Supervisor
Job Salary: £28000 - £32000 Per Annum
An established but growing HR Consultancy now has an opportunity for a Payroll Supervisor to join the on-site team in Northampton. The main goal of this role is to co-ordinate and support the Payroll team to deliver service excellence in all aspects of processing payroll for a range of clients. You will assist the Payroll Manager in managing, maintaining and developing the existing processes and team to ensure the payrolls run efficiently and effectively in line with current legislation. It is an exciting time to join the team as we go through a period of growth and change.
* Manage the team workload effectively ensuring all tasks are identified, allocated and completed to ensure compliance of all deadlines for processing of all weekly and monthly payrolls.
* Maintain operational calendars / planners and react quickly to unplanned changes to ensure no impact to daily routines and deadlines.
* Assist in the development, mentoring and training of Payroll Assistants being the main ‘go to’ for day to day questions and holding performance related discussions.
* Respond to technical queries and data requests.
* Support the Payroll Manager for all payroll related projects.
* To be successful in this role you will:
* Have proven payroll leadership experience ideally gained in a high volume, multiple payroll environment.
* Be PC literate with excellent working knowledge of Excel and Word.
* Have knowledge of current tax / payroll legislation.
* Be logical and organised with a systematic approach to work.
* Have a proven track record of delivering against commitments and focused on providing a first-class service at all times.