Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Rosie McIntyre
Job Location: Norfolk
Job Title: Payroll Team Leader
Job Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are partnered with a fantastic firm of Chartered Accountants who are looking to hire an experienced and forward thinking Payroll Team Leader on a permanent, full time basis.
Based in Norwich, with agile and hybrid working, this role will oversee a team of payrollers and will be responsible for supporting, guiding and motivating the team, checking work and maintaining your own small portfolio of clients.
As Payroll Team Leader, you will report directly into one of the firm’s Partners.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
* Managing a medium to large payroll team on a daily basis
* Reviewing workload of a team ahead of sign off
* Maintain own payroll deadlines
* Act as point of contact for escalated queries
* Review, monitor and implement new processes
* Ensure payroll compliance
* Assist in implementation of new payroll systems
* Proven clients payroll experience within a practice
* Strong level of people management experience – previously managed teams of at least four to five payrollers
* Experience with the Sage or Star experience is desirable
* CIPP qualification is desirable
On offer is a range of benefits including 26 days annual leave, free onsite parking, “dress for diary”, paid charity days and extensive training, development and progression opportunities.