Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Recruitment
Contact Name: Lois Holness
Job Location: Birmingham
Job Title: Pensions Officer
Job Salary: £13 - £15 Per Hour
Job Start Date:
Fantastic role – Long term contract role – TEMP – Fully Remote
Our client supports support Government, Local Authorities, and NHS.
Fantastic project to be involved with:
* Ensure the service meets quality outputs, i.e. deadlines and that outputs are accurate and in accordance with policy requirements and relevant KPI’s and service level agreements.
* This will involve providing extensive technical pensions support to the pensions team and stakeholders across the business to ensure compliance.
* The role provides advice to senior management and staff in relation to pension legislation, HMRC regulations and various pension scheme rules.
* You will support the Deputy Head of Payroll and Pensions on pension matters relating to administrative and operational matters of all pension schemes.
* The post holder will develop, manage and monitor systems and procedures aimed at ensuring the provision of an effective and efficient pension service. The role will lead on pension projects and support the related programmes of work and act as the formal deputy to the Pensions Manager.
* Provide pension support, advice and guidance to managers and staff ensuring that legislative requirements are met and standards of good practice are maintained
* Manage and support the complex pensions queries to ensure a compliant outcome
* Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements in relation to pensions are met.
* Responsible for resolving complex pension issues promptly and for keeping employees and managers informed of progress with dealing with pension queries and issues.
* Undertake the calculation of a variety of payments (e.g. redundancy, Voluntary retirement / Exit)
* Maintain accurate and timely pension input.
* Establish and maintain pension records for scheme numbers and providing returns to pension providers in accordance with annual procedures.
* Set up and maintain protocols and standard operating procedures to ensure that pension documentation is handled efficiently and confidentially, with electronic storage and archiving where required.
* Actively seek customer feedback and act on any suggestions for improving the service.
* Handle pension complaints positively and in liaison with the Payroll & Pensions Manager to resolve and respond to complaints promptly.
* Provide team cover and assistance in other HR areas as required by the Payroll & Pensions Manager.
Those who have worked in NHS or Councils will be advantageous and knowledge of NHS Pensions Scheme Regulations or Civil Service Pension Scheme Regulations.