Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Birmingham
Job Title: Senior Payroll Advisor
Job Salary: £30000 - £33000 Per Annum
Opportunity to join a well-established business and reputable business that has been going for over 30 years of experience but with continuous growth plans. Employing around 2,000 colleagues across the UK they are one largest and most versatile mechanical and electrical contractors with a diverse range of services, with a national footprint across UK and Ireland, which is further underpinned by strong future growth opportunities.
This permanent payroll vacancy is to join their growing payroll department:
* Accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database to include starters, leavers, and amendments.
* Deal with complex pay queries and escalate more queries to the Payroll Manager where additional authorisation is required.
* Administer and calculate colleague pay, overtime, shift patterns, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments.
* Support with timely and accurate completion of the monthly payrolls (UK and R.O.I).
* Identify and highlight any issues with the payroll database (COINS) and report problems to the Payroll Manager as required. Support with annual system updates and testing as required.
* Keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and support the Payroll Manager with implementation of changes where necessary.
* Use your knowledge of taxation and pension rules when inputting payroll data to ensure HMRC and Pension Regulator compliance.
* Process annual leave and benefits change requests as required.
* Administer the time and attendance system (TBC), making changes as required and checking that the time and attendance data that feeds payroll is accurate and correct.
* Deputise for the Payroll Manager when they are absent.
* Perform any other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Payroll Manager.