A pension manager is responsible for ensuring that company pension schemes are effective, sustainable and accommodating to all its members.
With the increasing shift away from state pensions, the onus now falls to private businesses to provide effective, stable pensions for their employees.
This means they must have an understanding of how changing government legislation will affect their role and responsibilities.
Of course, it will depend on the structure of the individual business, but essentially, this role involves the management of a team, and the ability to independently make key decisions that fully support company pension holders.
Their daily tasks include:
- Developing and implementing policies
- Actively reviewing strategies
- Ensuring schemes are operating effectively
- Monitoring changes in legal matters and responding effectively
- Raising company-wide awareness of pensions matters
- Liaising with shareholders and company leaders
What skills are required?
To succeed in their role, pension mangers require the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to analyse complete information
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Business-minded approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Man management, leadership and motivational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
It is also the responsibility of a pension manager to work closely with all HR staff, recruiting, training and supervising a team of employees.
This means they must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering results in a similar managerial position.
Fill a pension manager vacancy
Speak to Portfolio Payroll if you require a pension manager with the knowledge and abilities outlined above
Our recruitment experts have a proven track record in matching businesses with excellent candidates for vacancies within payroll departments.
HM Revenue & Customs is stepping up its fight against pension scams by tightening the regul...read more
Today the Portfolio Group’s Manchester office celebrates 1 year in operation! Starting with a hu...read more
Payroll accounting covers a wide range of duties and is an essential area in any successful bus...read more
We help companies of all sizes find the right people for vacancies in their payroll departments...read more