The payroll department is one of the most important of any successful business. So for it to thrive, it is vital that the right candidates fill the most suitable payroll vacancies.
Portfolio Payroll is the only agency recommended by the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) and has helped candidates find the right job for over 20 years. By calling on this experience, we can show you how to get a job in payroll.
The skills required
Jobs in payroll are varied, which means the skills required for each vacancy are different. But there are some general skills which you need in every payroll vacancy:
- Maths. For entry level jobs usually a GCSE or equivalent.
- Strong organisational skills. On any normal day working in payroll, you are required to perform several tasks at once.
- IT skills. Programmes such as Microsoft Excel and payroll specific software such as OPAL could be a part of your office routine.
- Expat payroll is a little different from regular payroll but is essential for professionals, such as international payroll managers, who might deal with businesses abroad.
- Flexibility. Especially if you are just starting out, when working as a payroll temp can help you build up skills.
You can build up many of the skills needed to get into payroll by gaining entrance as a trainee, or by getting a qualification from a specialist college. If you want to know more about the requirements of a specific role, we can help.
More information from Portfolio Payroll
No matter which payroll job you would like to get into, Portfolio Payroll can help. E-mail us on email@example.com or call 020 7247 9455. We will match your skills to the perfect position in payroll, so you can begin your career.
A payroll officer is an integral part of any payroll department, with a number of important duties...read more
If your business introduces SAP, is building a mobile SAP application or accessing software thr...read more
Portfolio Payroll has launched a new brochure detailing our client services and how we can also...read more
In any large business, the payroll supervisor is crucial. Leading the team, overseeing all proc...read more