Find a temporary or fixed-contract payroll role with Portfolio, specialist recruiters based in central London with a team that’s dedicated to helping you get the job you want.
During the recruitment process, our vastly experienced consultants will use their extensive knowledge and understanding of the payroll market to find a job that matches your attributes, and will place you in a company you can succeed in.
We have a proven track record of successfully placing people in the following types of work:
- Part-time contracts
- Fixed term contacts
- Agency work
- Freelance or contract positions
If you are looking for a contract listed above, get in touch with us today and we’ll help place you in a company that’s right for you.
Our offices are based near Liverpool Street in the heart of the City of London.
What skills and experience do recruiters look for?
The level of experience we look for in candidates depends largely on the amount of responsibility the job requires.
For example, Christmas temps may only be required to have some sort of prior office experience. However, at the other end of the spectrum, roles that demand more seniority such as payroll manager normally require us to find somebody with experience – and provable success – in a similar role.
In addition to offering less-experienced people the chance to broaden their CV, temporary positions also provide a foot in the door and an opportunity for part-time or contract workers to commit long-term, if offered a position by their employer.
After twelve weeks, as well as having access to facilities used by full-time staff, temporary workers are entitled to a selection of other rights:
- Basic pay – which includes holiday, overtime and work-related bonuses
- Working hours – temp staff are entitled to work similar hours to full-time Payroll Officers, Administrators and other staff members on your team
- Annual leave – agency workers are legally entitled to the same annual leave as full-time staff members
- Night work should also be accessible to temp workers if it is available to full-time staff
- Rest periods and breaks should be similar to the time allocated to other members of the workforce
- Paid antenatal appointments should also be allowed for pregnant agency workers
Speak to Portfolio
Whatever your career aspirations, Portfolio are here to help you. We know our market inside out.
Take a look at our latest temporary or contract payroll jobs, or call 020 7247 9455 for more information about our highly specialised payroll recruitment service.
For more detailed information on the temporary payroll jobs we recruit for, take a look at our dedicated temping zone.
There are certain times during the year when the payroll industry is busier than normal. For ex...read more
In June 2014, the Queen's Speech was delivered in the House of Lords, including key announc...read more
A Survey by Hay Group has found 50% of employers are concerned about their employees being unab...read more
If your business introduces SAP, is building a mobile SAP application or accessing software thr...read more