Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Merseyside
Job Title: Assistant Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are currently recruiting for an Assistant Payroll Manager to work as part of a small and friendly team. Reporting into the Payroll Manager, the Assistant Payroll Manager will work closely with a team of Payroll Officers, ensuring accurate delivery of a comprehensive end to end payroll process
* Hybrid working option
* 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory)
* Contributory pension scheme
* Training & development
* Employee Assistance – 24/7 free & confidential support for both you and your family
* Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
* Cycle to work scheme
* Support the payroll manager and deputise as required.
* Manage two payroll officers on a day-to-day basis.
* Extensive level of payroll knowledge and troubleshooting is essential.
* Ability to deal with enquiries from all levels and ability to perform manual calculations
* Understanding of accounting and the impact that payroll has on the P&L and Balance Sheet – background experience with accounting would be desirable.
* Experience of accounts balance sheet reconciliations.
* Understanding of Salary Sacrifice and Net pay Arrangement Pensions.
* In-depth knowledge of any legislation affecting payroll, minimum wage etc., and research & assist in training to keep up to date with changes.
* Full understanding of the production of the PSA
* Full understanding of Benefits in Kind and the implications to tax codes and to support the payroll officers with production of the P11D’s
* Ideally experienced with large volume multi-site payrolls with varying T’s & C’s where one size does not fit all.
* Research and identify opportunities for process improvement
* Identify training needs