Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Rosie McIntyre
Job Location: Sussex
Job Title: Deputy Head of Payroll
Job Salary: £37000 - £42000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We are supporting an organisation in the Education sector who are seeking an experienced Deputy Payroll Manager to join their team.
Reporting into the Head of Payroll, this role will be responsible for supporting them in processing high volume payroll and overseeing a team of 4.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
* Provide effective line management for a small payroll team- training, development, setting KPIs/objectives
* Hands on processing of monthly complex and fluctuating payrolls
* Ensuring the payroll system is kept update and compliant
* Provide guidance on pension and payroll related matters
* Leading on the development of payroll and pension systems
* Deputising in the Head of Payroll’s absence
* Strong technical payroll & pensions experience
* Strong Excel skills- VLOOKUP’s/Pivot Tables
* Experience within a supervisory/senior to role
* Experience within higher education/with LGPS or TPS is highly desirable
This role will be a mix of hybrid and office working.
The position comes with a competitive benefits package including DB pension scheme with employer contributions of 17.95%. On top of this is 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, extra time off at Christmas and a 37-hour working week with flexibility surrounding start and finish times.
Subsidised parking is also offered and if you would prefer to commute by public transport, they are a short walk from bus & train stations.