Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: IT Services
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Head of Client Payroll Services
Job Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is a software business in central Manchester area who are currently recruiting for Head of Client Payroll Services to join their leadership team.
As Head of Payroll Services, you will work closely with the Executive Team, supporting continued growth and new client acquisition whilst overseeing a large payroll team. This role offers the unique opportunity to build the department and be instrumental in its growth, culture and direction.
* Overall responsibility for the success and growth of the Payroll Services, including both Managed Payroll and Software offerings.
* Managing all aspects of payroll processing, onboarding, and payroll advice for the portfolio Managed Payroll Service and Payroll Software clients.
* Leading and managing the payroll, onboarding, and advice teams, driving operational excellence, and promoting professional development.
* Ensuring all client queries are responded to and resolved within the SLA.
* Working closely with internal Product and Customer Success teams to ensure the system efficiency is maximised.
* Liaising directly with clients to fully understand their payroll needs, build relationships, and manage expectations.
* Maintaining compliance with current UK payroll legislation, informing clients about any changes that may affect their business and people.
* Developing and implementing internal processes and controls to ensure quality, accuracy, and security of payroll services.
* Meeting departmental and service delivery KPIs and quality standards for the team.
* Taking ownership of service improvement initiatives, drawn from internal and external stakeholder feedback.
* Play a key role in working to enhance the payroll service offerings to its clients.
* Deep understanding of UK payroll legislation and tax regulations.
* Previous experience in delivering fully managed payroll services for an array of clients, spanning several industries.
* Experience in a payroll leadership or managerial role, demonstrating the ability to lead and inspire a team.
* The ability to confidently present detailed and accurate status updates and reports to the Executive team.
* CIPP qualified, or suitably qualified by experience.
* Proven ability in building and managing a high performing team.
* Excellent ability in building and maintaining positive client relationships.
* The ability to become a brand ambassador
* Proven commercial acumen with the ability to manage and control your area’s budget.
* Bright HR experience beneficial not essential
This is a business with excellent benefits including:
* 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays.
* Day off on your birthday.
* Perkbox discounts.
* Holidays increase after 2 and 5 years’ service.
* Pension Plan and Life Insurance.
* Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
* Free breakfast every Monday and social sessions on the last Friday of the month.
* Company incentives, access to discount schemes.
* Profit Share Scheme.