Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Payroll Bureau
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Head of Payroll
Job Salary: £45,000 - £60,000 Per Annum
My client is an Education business in Bury area who are currently recruiting for Head of Payroll to join their leadership team. As Head of Payroll Services, you will work closely with the Executive Team, supporting continued growth and new client acquisition whilst overseeing the payroll team. This role offers the unique opportunity to build the department and be instrumental in its growth, culture and direction.
* Overall responsibility for the success and growth of the Payroll Services
* Managing Payroll team
* Managing all aspects of payroll processing, onboarding, and payroll advice
* Leading and managing the payroll, onboarding, and advice teams, driving operational excellence, and promoting professional development.
* Ensuring all queries are responded to and resolved within the SLA.
* Liaising directly with different entities to fully understand their payroll needs, build relationships, and manage expectations.
* Maintaining compliance with current UK payroll legislation, informing clients about any changes that may affect their business and people.
* Developing and implementing internal processes and controls to ensure quality, accuracy, and security of payroll services.
* Meeting departmental and service delivery KPIs and quality standards for the team.
* Taking ownership of service improvement initiatives, drawn from internal and external stakeholder feedback.
* Play a key role in working to enhance the payroll service offering
* Strategic planning
* Process improvements
* Deep understanding of UK payroll legislation and tax regulations.
* Previous experience in delivering full payroll service
* Experience in a payroll leadership or managerial role, demonstrating the ability to lead and inspire a team.
* The ability to confidently present detailed and accurate status updates and reports to the Executive team.
* CIPP qualified, or suitably qualified by experience.
* Proven ability in building and managing a high performing team.
* Excellent ability in building and maintaining positive client relationships.
* The ability to become a brand ambassador
* ITRENT experience beneficial
This is a business with excellent benefits including:
* Great holidays
* LGPS Pension
* Free Gym
* Free Parking