Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Patrick Day
Job Location: London
Job Title: Interim Payroll & Pensions Manager
Job Salary: £250 - £250 Per Day
My Client a large London Public Sector body has an urgent need for an interim Payroll & Pensions Manager for a period of 6 months to cover during a period of change and transformation. You will need to be able to get to the office on a hybrid basis and previous experience managing a large payroll team.
Below is an overview of the duties and responsibilities.
* Responsible for Payroll Specialist, Payroll Systems Specialist, 5x Payroll Controllers, Payroll Support Assistant
* To manage the payroll operations service for approx. 3500 employees and 8500 pensioners.
* Managing the operations of the payroll service to ensure timely and accurate delivery of the payroll; to ensure appropriate reconciliations are performed and monies are remitted accurately and on-time.
* Managing the year-end and start of year processes, ensuring all statutory reporting is completed in accordance with HMRC guidelines.
* Ensuring that correct and timely payments reports and returns are made to HMRC, our occupational pension schemes and other statutory bodies and to provide these bodies with information on pay as required.
* Managing quarterly and ad-hoc system updates within BAU processes, including testing and sign-off
* Managing the payroll team members ensuring employment policies including performance appraisals; identifying learning and development needs and where relevant providing training to meet these needs; taking disciplinary action where required; sickness absence management; coordinating all aspects of leave management to ensure the continuation of service provision.
* Research, identify and communicate the payroll implications of current and proposed legislation; anticipate the implications of new regulations/legislation and determine the most appropriate method of implementing changes.
* Monitoring payroll systems and procedures to ensure that they are operating effectively.
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders in Human Resources, Finance and Pensions working collaboratively on any initiatives impacting payroll.
* To provide cover for the senior payroll specialist as and when necessary including the running and reconciliation of monthly payrolls.