Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Lois Holness
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Purpose of role
To support all financial activities undertaken by the Finance department ensuring that a comprehensive service is provided to both internal and external customers.
Sufficient flexibility to accommodate any other broadly related duties that may be allocated from time to time or in response to internal / external changes.
* Reporting to Finance Business and Projects Manager
* Other Finance Officers
* Other saha staff, auditors and stakeholders
* Outsourced Payroll Provider
* HMRC, Pensions Provider and other payroll related authorities.
* Payroll processing in liaison with HR department and outsourced provider
* Production of returns to HMRC and Pensions Trust to include auto enrolment from finance perspective
* Preparation and input of posting documents from source documentation and ensuring adequate record keeping.
* Process and validate payroll expenses claims in accordance with association policy
* Ensure monthly casual staff hourly returns and checked and processed in the payroll and calculation of casual staff holiday pay.
* Preparation and input of journals
* Ensuring staff costing are in accordance with the allocated budget provision.
* Key payroll reconciliations within the framework are completed
* Ensuring monthly payroll related payments are prepared and processed within set timescale.
* Maintaining correspondence with third party deduction agencies in terms of leavers.
* Preparing and validating employer annual returns
* Providing payroll information for yearend and internal audits.
* Answering to payroll related queries and provision of payroll information in accordance with GDPR regulation.
* Monthly pension correspondence and administration
* Other tasks as stated within the monthly financial framework
* Adhere to the Association’s policies, procedures and strategies as applicable with particular reference to the health and safety and diversity documents.
* Undertake mandatory training as and when required or if identified as a training need. Undertake additional role specific training as and when required
* To undertake any reasonable additional duties as instructed by the line manager or senior management team within the spirit of the role or aims and objectives of the association.