Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Manufacturing
Contact Name: Thomas Horsfall
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Job Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We are recruiting a long term contract role to start immediately for a well known retail brand, details are below please apply and one of our consultants will be in contact with you.
* As Payroll Assistant, you will be part of a team responsible for processing the DC payroll of around 450 employees. We are an established business that offers security and stability.
* The team is friendly, supportive, and will provide excellent training.
* This role comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
* What You’ll Be Doing:
* Ownership of monthly payroll data (via Payroll system) such as, starters, leavers, and changes.
* Maintenance of timekeeping system (Kronos) for starters, leavers, and changes.
* Proactively audit the payroll information received, to make sure appropriate authorisation has been submitted.
* Ensure all pay related queries are handled in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
* Responsible for all colleagues being paid in accordance with agreed timetables.
* Guarantee and priorities all payroll cut-off’s/deadlines.
* Keep up to date with new legislation, ensuring policies and procedures are correctly in place and documented.
* Work closely with HR to support on benefits/pay review or budget.
* Management of Payroll mailbox – UK DC.
* Monitor overpayment tracker and chase the return of payments.
* Daily administration from UK pension mailbox.
* Assist the wider payroll team with any other ad-hoc tasks.
* Maintain and develop relationships with all key stakeholders.
* Dealing with HM Revenue and Customs and Tax administrations for EU countries.
* Knowledge of manual payroll calculations, PAYE/NIC and statutory payments when running payrolls e.g., redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP.
* Look at current issues; feel confident to make suggestions on where to resolve.
* Ensuring operational service reviews take place monthly to ensure the delivery standards are managed against the service level agreements.
* Comply with internal and external audit requirements.
* General administration
* Key Accountabilities:
* Enthusiastic and willing to learn
* Must have a can-do attitude and enjoy working with people.
* Able to work and engage with others in a fast-paced payroll office.
* Able to work under pressure and meet payroll deadlines.
* Able to work in a dynamic environment with different processes per brand / country.
* Understanding and knowledge of MS Office suite- Excel, Word, PowerPoint