Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Chartered Accountants
Contact Name: Megan Fox
Job Location: Hertfordshire
Job Title: Payroll Assistant
Job Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A new client based in Borehamwood are looking to expand their payroll team!
With a brand-new system migration project coming into place soon, the suitable candidate will hold previous exposure to System migrations whilst handling multiple, complex payrolls for a range of clients – whilst overseeing all payroll matters as required.
You’ll be able to effectively communicate technical matters in an easy-to-understand way for clients and a high level of attention to detail.
Offering the ability to learn key payroll processes – this is a great opportunity to enhance on a current payroll skill set, with progression to grow within the business!
As a Payroll Assistant, you will be responsible for..
* The weekly and monthly payroll run for a portfolio of clients.
* Running and being heavily involved in the system migration project coming soon.
* Pension administration
* Reconciliation of payroll and accounts.
* Downloading, checking, and attaching payslips, dealing with queries, sending, and following up for approvals, and posting.
* Posting of payroll to the accounting program were instructed.
* Liaising with colleagues/third parties for accounts-relevant matters…
* Assisting with the compilation of data for month-end payroll/ yearly p60s.
* Ad hoc assistance as requested by the managers.
* Miscellaneous tasks as appeared.
* System migration experience/ Technically efficient in Payroll and processing.
* Confident in reviewing processes and improving systems to boost efficiency.
* Preferable experience in an accountancy practice.
* Embraces new technology/ experience of using Bright Pay, Payroll Manager, Staffology.
* Positive attitude with good attention to detail.
* Strong knowledge/experience on Tax, NI and statutory payments.
* Excellent communicator with strong telephone manner.
* High level of accuracy.
Benefits Include: Hours; 9:30am-5:30pm / 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays / Study package towards a recognised Payroll technician qualification (CIPP) / Professional development opportunities.
Please apply if you feel this vacancy is suitable to your experience!