Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Fiona O'Neill
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll & Benefits Analyst
Job Salary: £32,000 - £38,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the well-established payroll team on a flexible working basis. Our client is looking for a new member of staff for their payroll team on a permanent basis
About the role
* Full end to end payroll processing including reconciliations.
* Deliver the monthly payroll payment processing in line with legislation and Company policy.
* Process all payroll changes approved by HR
* Processing all variable payments (e.g. commissions, overtime).
* Calculation and processing of SMP/SPP etc.
* Process and review payments to third parties, including HMRC and Pension providers.
* Assist with the administration of benefits schemes.
* Responding to employee payroll and benefits queries.
* Preparing and distributing monthly payroll and benefits reporting
* Build and foster strong relationships with stakeholders, understanding their service requirements and ensuring any issues are dealt with in a prompt and professional manner.
* Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
* To undertake any other duties as required.
* Previous experience running UK in house payroll end-to-end
* In-depth and current knowledge of payroll legislation
* Highly organised and able to plan multiple tasks to agreed deadlines
* Proven ability to deliver a Payroll service in line with the agreed service levels
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality
* Intermediate excel skills. Vlookups and pivot tables essential
* Keen to develop and has the drive to push themselves in the role
* Strong attention to detail
* The ability to learn and understand new software, applications, and processes
* Customer focused approach, responding to the needs of the business
* 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
* Previous knowledge and experience of working within the Finance sector
* Previous benefits experience