Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Educations
Contact Name: Rosie McIntyre
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll & HR Systems Manager
Job Salary: £48,255 - £58,881 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A new client based in Central London are looking to introduce a new member to their expanding HR division… Amongst a blended team, the suitable candidate will be personable, with excellent communication skills and a strong team player – being able to support your colleagues during busy periods.
With the position being a standalone role, you will hold responsibility for the smooth running of the monthly payroll; ensuring compliance and accuracy whilst being the first point of contact for all complex queries from employees and managers.
You will have a passion for continuous improvements in the utilisation of the HR systems, ensuring the HR team works effectively and efficiently in terms of data management and accuracy. Whilst being the subject matter expert on pensions, employment and benefits, national insurance and other associated taxes, you will provide advice to employees and colleagues whilst collaborating with different teams across the organisation and from the wider group.
To be successful, you will have significant experience of managing HR Systems and Payroll processing in a small or medium organisation, with knowledge of Payroll related legislative requirements and compliance and an understanding of the full HR process. Experience using Workday would be an advantage.
As a Payroll & HR Systems Manager, you will be responsible for..
* The processing of the monthly payroll accurately on time for substantive employees and casual workers.
* Identify and reporting on any payroll errors – making a plan for resolutions.
* Championing continuous improvement of payroll processes and system development.
* Responding to employees’ payroll queries in a timely manner, taking ownership and initiative to solve the query (even if some elements are outside of own remit).
* Effectively communicating changes to payroll processes, HR System/s or legislation to relevant stakeholders.
* Complete relevant data analysis and reporting on all areas of payroll.
* Become a ‘super user’ for the HR System (Workday) and liaise with the systems team, Recruitment, IT and HR Operations team to solve system challenges.
* As a senior member of the HR team, contribute to the overall effectiveness and development of the department.
* Significant experience of managing HR Systems (preferably Workday).
* Significant Payroll management experience in a small or medium organisation.
* Experience of working closely with finance colleagues to meet payment and audit requirements.
* A passion for systems and providing an exceptional employee experience.
* Great knowledge of Payroll related legislative requirements and compliance.
Hours; 35. Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. HYBRID WORKING.
Please apply if you feel this could be a suitable position for yourself.