Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Local Government
Contact Name: Rosie McIntyre
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £60,000 - £63,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are partnered with a large organisation who have a permanent, full time Payroll Manager requirement.
This role will oversee a large sized payroll team, with the support of two Payroll Team Leaders.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
* Lead the payroll service, providing strategic and operational direction and leadership
* Lead on payroll improvements
* Lead, coordinate and manage the high volume payroll and pensions function (c20,000 +)
* Ensure the payroll function meets statutory and contractual requirements
* Training and development of the payroll team – appraisals, 1:1s
* Extensive experience within a similar role at Payroll Manager level
* Strong leadership and people management skills
* Experience within local government/public sector
* Experience of managing a high volume payroll and pensions function
This role is mainly remote working with 1 day per week in the North London office (flexibility required). 35 hour week with flexi-working, 31 days annual leave, rising to 36 with service. Other benefits include season ticket loans, cycle to work, discounted gym and a competitive pension.
Closing date 28/09/23 with interviews taking place shortly after.