Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Derbyshire
Job Title: Payroll Manager
Job Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is government function in Chesterfield looking for a Payroll Manager on a permanent basis. Overseeing an experienced and friendly team of 3 you will be working on a man management and hand on basis overseeing high volume payroll with emphasis on government pensions.
* Monday to Friday 37hrs [service needs to be covered 8.30am – 5.00pm across the team]
* Hybrid working in place with minimum of 3 days office attendance required [would expect more office based for first few weeks to build relationship with team/internal stakeholders and Service Director etc]
* Local Government Pension Scheme
* Employee Assistance Program
* Car Parking Monthly Pass available
* 27 days annual leave
* Discretionary Day added onto Christmas Bank Holidays
Working as both the Payroll Manager and as Part of the wider management team, you will be responsible for supporting and developing the Payroll team. You will be focussed on liasing with senior stakeholders, continuous improvement as well as lead and advise on payroll and pensions to a number of different organisations and management of the team.
* Effectively manage the Payroll team, across the sections of payroll processing, payroll production, and systems maintenance and development.
* Ensure all mandatory compliance for payroll & pension requirements
* Ensure the provision of an accurate timely service
* Production of monthly payroll, in association with all legislative requirements for 3rd parties, pension returns, P11Ds, pensions auto re-enrolment process, etc.
* Ensure payroll records are accurately maintained in accordance with GDPR compliance
* Lead on system upgrades and system reporting
* Develop and maintain the Payroll/HR system
* Planning and implementing efficient, day-to-day operational activities
* Planning of resources and activities in relation to annual plans and targets.
* Develop productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas.
* Previous experience of leading and co-ordinating a team
* Ideally have public sector legislation and pension’s knowledge.
* CIPP qualified or equivalent
* Ability to handle pressure
* Ability to maximise resources and manage budgets
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Proven evidence of coaching team as well as development of self and others,
* Understanding of shared service environment and knowledge of national legislation and procedures in relation to an HR and Payroll Shared Service.
* A record of success in promoting diversity and creating equality in service delivery and employment.
* Training and development
* Resourcelink systems usage advantageous not essential