Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: NHS Organisation
Contact Name: Sarah Butler
Job Location: Kent
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 Per Annum
Our client is seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join their team for 30 hours a week on a permanent basis
* Assist in all aspects of the operation of a computerised payroll system, to ensure the accurate and timely payment of all employees.
* Verify and enter information in the HR system as required to ensure accurate import into the payroll system.
* Provide necessary support to workplaces to ensure they are able to provide accurate information required to run the payroll.
* On an ongoing basis, on receipt of weekly sickness/absence sheets from departments, generally check for errors and record sick hours for SSP and Occupational Sick Pay purposes.
* On receipt of payroll information check for errors and make the necessary changes or entries in the payroll system.
* Progress pay and pensions’ queries in order to settle matters of uncertainty or those requiring clarification, liaising with the Assistant Payroll Manager where necessary.
* Complete any necessary forms for staff transferring to, joining or leaving the Company.
* Calculate holiday entitlement for starters, leavers and employees who change their contracted hours.
* Preparation of administration forms, letters or any other correspondence as required.
* Ensure all deductions from salary are correctly recorded and forwarded to the appropriate bodies where necessary.
* Ensure the Payroll accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
* Prepare, reconcile and send pensions information to pension providers as required.
* Ensure correspondence, the provision of information and training is dealt with accurately, liaising with other departments as required.
* Ensure deductions relating to pay loans are properly recorded and reconciled.
* To ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with agreed procedures.
You will have;
* The ability to work both as part of a team and also on own initiative
* Computer literate and systems savvy
* Previous payroll experience
* Excellent numeracy skills
* Excellent communications skill
If you have the above and you are seeking a part time role of 30 hours a week then please apply now