Job Type: Contract
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Emily Bouchier
Job Location: Dorset
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client are looking to recruit a Payroll Officer on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
In order to be considered for this role you MUST have significant payroll/pensions experience and have the right to work in the UK or have lived in the UK for at least 3 years. In reward for your skills you will join an established team with a wealth of knowledge within a fantastic company that is highly regarded in the area. If you are looking for work and have the payroll skills detailed above then then we want to hear from you!
* The primary purpose of the role is to support the Payroll Supervisor to ensure that all salaries, pensions and deductions are processed in an accurate and timely manner, in accordance with HMRC and pension regulations and College policies and procedures.
* Process monthly payrolls for the 700 employees.
* Assist with Year End HMRC and Pension reconciliations and corresponding audits.
* Give advice and guidance to employees’ payroll queries by email, telephone and face to face.
* Maintain accurate records on the payroll system and input of payroll data relating to starters, leavers and variations including statutory payments, incremental progression, pay awards, tax details, bank details.
* Responsible for overall administration and processing of monthly expenses and sorting and filing of all Time Sheets.
* Undertake monthly calculations of SSP and SMP and occupational sick and maternity pay in accordance with relevant Regulations and Policies. Ensure accurate records are kept.
* Perform gross to net calculations and other statistical reports.
* Calculate, prepare and submit monthly payments and reconciliations to HMRC, Pension Schemes and other external Agencies eg CSA, Courts, Unions DWP etc.
* Other duties within the scope and grading of the post including deputising for the Payroll Supervisor or supporting the Finance team if required.
In reward for your skills you will join an established team with a wealth of knowledge within a fantastic company that is highly regarded in the area. If you are looking for work and have the payroll skills detailed above then then we want to hear from you!