Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Construction
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Greater-manchester
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £21000 - £25000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
Portfolio Payroll are currently working with a growing construction firm in the Manchester area who are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer to join their team. They provide an excellent working environment, parking, bonuses and early finish working hours.
All dealing with labour and contractor payroll.
* Construction firm
* Must have very strong Excel as lots of manual processing
* Will be on the labour team – 330 Approx
* High volume, fast paced
* All Gross Pay
* No legislation but lots of different Terms & Conditions to comply with
* Provide comprehensive advice to employees in relation to payroll queries
* Support the busy payroll department high volume starters and leavers
* Ensuring all necessary payments are made within the deadlines set, for example Pension Contributions and BACS Salary Payments
* Manual calculations
* Reconciliation of weekly timesheets along with the input of overtime and bonus payments.
Desirable skills and attributes:
* Industry experience would be great but not essential
* CIS – Advantage not essential
* Previous payroll experience in a fast paced and high volume environment
* A keen eye for detail
* Enjoy working within a team
* Strong basic maths skills
* Confident on the phone
* Excellent communicator as you will be answering queries
* Confident with Excel
This is a business with excellent benefits including a bonus scheme, employee of the month award and competitive holidays and rewards packages.