Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Retail
Contact Name: Thomas Horsfall
Job Location: London
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £30,000 - £37,000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We are currently recruiting for a well known Retail company who are looking to hire someone on a contract basis to start a role working as a Payroll Specialist. The right candidate must be able to start right away. Please see some further information on the role below, if this looks of interest please apply and one of our consultants will reach out to you.
* Processing information submitted by the People Team for Starters, Leavers and Financial Changes on excel templates before uploading into the payroll system.
* Checking sickness submissions, manually calculating SSP if applicable and uploading all into Payroll system. Producing SSP1 forms if applicable.
* Producing Maternity / Paternity / Adoption / ShPP payment planners manually and entering the data into the Payroll system. Producing SMP1 forms if required.
* Checking and uploading stores timesheet data from the Time & Attendance system into the payroll system
* Calculating Retail Holiday top up values on excel templates before uploading into the Payroll system
* Supporting the Payroll Manager with International Payroll Submission queries when needed
* Supporting the Payroll Manager with Benefits and Pensions processing when required
* Completing Loss of Earnings forms for jury service and DWP enquiry forms
* Processing Attachment of Earnings orders, Season ticket loan and Staff Float requests
* Processing P45s and HMRC New Starter Checklists as well as tax code changes received from HMRC on Government Gateway
* Supporting the Payroll manager on final payroll checks and ensuring that the monthly BACS file is produced in a timely manner
* Processing electronic Payslips and P45s
* Dealing with general payroll and tax queries
* Preparing the PAYE HMRC and third party payments each month
* Completing monthly and quarterly National Statistics surveys