Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Solicitors/Law
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Bristol
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £26000 - £28000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a global, future facing law firm.
About the Role:
We provide support to the Payroll Manager in delivering an accurate and timely payroll service along with the administration of pension arrangements.
Other duties include:
* Processing, calculating and recharging of overtime payments
* Submit payroll by set deadline to create BACS automation
* Create and update payroll standard operating procedures in conjunction with third party systems. (Payroll currently SDWorx).
* Process and reconcile cycle to work & season ticket loans repayments.
* Complete manual adjustments as and when required (e.g. starter and leavers after payroll cut-off).
* Process all third party payments via bacs payments by legislative deadlines.
* Complete general administration duties (e.g. sending out tax forms, updating manual and computerised records).
* Use appropriate discretion in handling confidential employee information.
* Assist in dealing with employee payroll queries.
* Produce the payroll ledger journal posting.
* Assisting with all pensions administration and interfaces
* Run various payroll reports as and when required.
* Support third party systems ensuring a reconciliation of information held by both HR & Payroll.
* Knowledge of SDWorx is desirable
* Knowledge of Excel and Word is essential
* Able to use initiative
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Previous experience in a payroll background. (CIPP professional desirable but not essential)
* 5 GCSEs including Maths and English (Grade C and above)