Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Central Government
Contact Name: Fiona O'Neill
Job Location: Hampshire
Job Title: Senior Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 Per Annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the well-established payroll team on a flexible working basis. Our client is looking for a new member of staff for their payroll team on a permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* You will have responsibility and ownership of specific tasks. You must be able to provide support in these areas:
* Any ad hoc duties and projects as required
* Respond to queries and requests for information from statutory bodies such as HMRC
* Ensures that payroll transactions are completed in accordance with the given deadlines.
* Ensure accurate month and annual returns are completed for pension schemes, and all deadlines met.
* To ensure the payroll team can advise managers, People Team, and staff on a range of payroll and pension issues.
* To review and maintain service standards within the payroll team.
* Work with the payroll system providers to ensure the correct system setup, to develop the system to improve utilisation and to improve reporting.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
· Understanding of UK payroll legislation and statutory rules
· Good English skills
· Minimum of 3 years working in Payroll
· The ability to work on your own initiative