Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Logistics
Contact Name: Sarah Butler
Job Location: London
Job Title: Senior Payroll Officer
Job Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Payroll Officer to join their busy payroll department
* Working within a team to process high volume in-house payroll from start to finish within a team including EPS & FPS
* Action all Permanent Amendment forms and other permanent data correspondence received into the department, is dealt with in a timely manner e.g. change of hours, change or rates, HMRC and Benefits agency/Court Order forms etc ensuring that all forms are processed in accordance with the agreed deadlines
* Process all Temporary data received in a timely manner e.g. overtime, bonus, car allowance etc and to ensure all these are processed in accordance to company policies and with the agreed deadlines.
* Check and ensure that all New Hires, Salary amendments, Bank Details and Leavers etc which are input by the payroll clerks in the Service Centres and Head Office HR team are all input correctly and authorised in line with our SOX/SOC controls.
* Successful running and completion of the monthly payroll for Branch and Head Office.
* Processing Manual calculations for all payments required after the payroll is run.
* Finalising the reporting and sending out any monthly reports to the business.
We would value the following attributes:
* Previous experience of having worked with an in-house payroll system, ideally in high volume environment
* Previous experience should include having worked in a company that is multi-sited
* Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines making informed decisions when necessary
* Excellent customer service skills and customer focus, ideally within a HR function
* Microsoft Excel – vlookups and pivot tables
* Strong interpersonal skills and appropriate communication skills for interacting with all levels in the business
* Recognised Payroll Qualification e.g. CIPP qualification (desirable)
If you have previous payroll processing experience, strong UK Payroll legislation knowledge and comfortable in a high-volume department then please apply now