Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Financial Services/insurance
Contact Name: Jessica Townsend
Job Location: Merseyside
Job Title: Payroll & Pensions Manager
Job Salary: £40000 - £50000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
My client is government function looking for a payroll and pensions manager on a permanent basis. Overseeing an experienced and friendly lively team you will be working on a man management and strategic basis overseeing high volume payroll with emphasis on government pensions.
Working as both the Payroll and Pensions Manager and as Part of the wider management team, you will be responsible for supporting the development of the payroll department. You will be focussed on continuous improvement as well as lead and advise on payroll and pensions.
* Oversee develop the Payroll & Pension Team – 7
* Payrolls totalling 2500 split over the team Using Oracle
* Operate at a strategic level to deliver an efficient payroll and pension service
* Being the key relationship manager and ensuring service level agreements are maintained
* Development of service, continuous improvement and implementing change
* Sharing knowledge of payroll and pensions legislation
* To deliver mentoring, training and skills transfer to the organisation
* Leading on the production of procedures and documentation relating to payroll and pensions operation and provide advice or intervention where required.
* Understanding of HR Process’s
* Lead on innovative ways of working, technology, and transformation
* Support the initiation of new business opportunities and the development of contracts
* Planning and implementing efficient, day-to-day operational activities
* Planning of resources and activities in relation to annual plans and targets.
* Develop productive professional relationships with external and internal partners, customer groups and business areas.
* Pensions experience – LGPS/teachers’ pension
* Notification to leavers, Enrolment/auto re – enrolment
* Previous experience of leading and co-ordinating a team
* Results driven and ability to handle pressure
* Ability to maximise resources and manage budgets
* Evidence of continued professional development
* Proven evidence of coaching team as well as development of self and others
* A record of success in promoting diversity and creating equality in service delivery and employment.
* Training and development
* 16% pension
* 35 days holiday plus banks
* Christmas shutdown additional
* Gym onsite
* Partial Hybrid -3/2 split
* 35 hrs between 8-6