Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Recruitment
Contact Name: Lauren Williamson
Job Location: Hampshire
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Job Salary: £28000 - £35000 Per Annum
Job Start Date:
We’re seeking an exceptional individual to join the team as a Payroll Specialist within our People team on our journey to create the UK’s best car buying experience.
As a Payroll Specialist, you’ll be contributing to the development of the culture in line with values, partnering and supporting the team to help them build and develop an exceptional service to all employees.
What you’ll be doing:
* Processing the end to end payroll for our employees to ensure they are paid on time and correctly.
* Analysing and validating information from the People Services Information Systems before entry into the payroll.
* Ensure all requests for payroll changes are authorised and evidence is maintained in the payroll system and document library.
* To maintain accurate records of payments and deductions for the payroll, notifying external parties as required.
* To check all payroll output reports to ensure accuracy of data being processed and any anomalies are investigated and corrected where necessary.
* Assisting with the development, management and maintenance of our new payroll system.
* Dealing with any pay queries in a timely supportive manner, providing accurate feedback to employees and third parties as required using our ticketing system.
* To chase outstanding payroll information from the wider team and employees.
* To provide high level advice and guidance on all matters relating to payroll including pensions and legislative requirements.
* To liaise with Finance in relation to the processing of payrolls and the collation of payroll information for audit purposes.
* To liaise with external bodies in relation to court orders, employee deductions, etc to ensure the company processes these in an accurate manner.
* Any other payroll related duties as required by the Senior Group Payroll and Benefits Manager.
* Administrative support and ad hoc duties as required.
What you need to excel in this role:
* Previous experience of working as an Payroll Specialist completing end to end payroll is highly desired.
* The ability to be self sufficient for remote working.
* Excellent organisation and administration skills.
* Working knowledge of Google Workspace is preferred.
* Experience of analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to organise and analyse data.
* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
* Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
* A positive and amenable character in challenging situations.
* An excellent team player but also able to use initiative and work alone.
* Have a flexible approach to the changing demands of fast-paced high volume environment.
* Experience working across HR and Payroll platforms.
* Proficient in Excel and Outlook.